Lesson 4 - Bush creature
We are practising using our imagination.
We have created an imaginative character inspired by nature.
Storytelling in nature I Field of Mars EEC (1:17min) I Video transcript I YouTube
Who are May Gibbs' bushland characters?
May Gibbs was an Australian author and illustrator.
She loved nature.
May Gibbs wrote stories using the natural features of the bush.
- View the Storytelling in nature video.
- View the video May Gibbs's inspiration from the Australian bush at ABC Education.
Banksia creatures and gumnut babies
How can I make a bush creature?
Create your own character from nature.
- Collect leaves and sticks from the ground.
- Collect seedpods or small rocks.
- Create a bush creature.
- Will your creature be a goodie or a baddie?
- Use your creature in a story.
- Leaves, sticks and seed pods from the ground.
Talking banksia creature I Field of Mars EEC (0:29min) I Video transcript I YouTube
What would my creature say?
You can use an app like Chatterpix to help your bush creature talk.
- Download Chatterpix or a similar app.
- View the Talking banksia creature video.
- Plan a short sentence about where your creature lives.
- Record your sentence.