Lesson 3 - Observations
We are learning different ways we can record observations and features.
We have made a leaf rubbing showing the features of leaves.
Recording observations | Field of Mars EEC (1:03min) | Video transcript | YouTube
How can we record our observations?
We can learn about places by looking at their features.
We can record observations in different ways.
- View the Recording observations video.
- How do you like to record what you see and how you feel?
Making a leaf rubbing | Field of Mars EEC (1:03min) | Video transcript | YouTube
Make a leaf rubbing
A fun way to record the features of leaves is by making a leaf rubbing.
- View the Making a leaf rubbing video.
- Collect leaves from the ground.
- Feel their texture.
- Look at their shapes and colours.
- Have they been eaten? Are there any lumps or small webs?
- Make a leaf rubbing to record their features.
- Crayons or coloured powders
- Leaves collected from outside.